9/09/2006

Chick Corea New Trio

Did anyone else see those series of live Chick Corea videos that BETJazz had playing for a while? They played about 4 or 5 different videos from the Rendezvouz album he put out a little while ago. They were all varied groups live at the Blue Note in NYC. The one that blows me away (and that i watch constantly) is the Chick Corea New Trio. Now, I've never been a huge fan of Chick. His playing has always kinda irritated me for some reason, and I hold a firm stance against people involved in the Church of Scientology. But for some reason, I watch my tape of this performance over and over. Avishai Cohen and Jeff Ballard are just phenomenal. The New Trio CD they put out doesn't even compare to this performance.

Hopefully I can actually get some money together and get the DVD.

CHICK COREA NEW TRIO - RENDEZVOUZ IN NEW YORK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home